So I’m doing something new. Instead of weekly “Currently” posts, I’m now doing a monthly gratitude list. My Currently posts were all about being grateful anyway, and this makes more sense (as some weeks I’m grateful for lots of stuff, and other weeks I only have a few things).
This month I’m loving:
- Cate Blanchett as usual being amazeballs
- Latte frappes – so good!
- Binge watching Game of the Thrones
- Bright flowers on the dining table
- Telling myself; “No”. No to sweet treats, no to spending money instead of saving, no to lounging on bloglovin when I should be working on something else. Just telling myself no has been hugely freeing.
- Twin Peaks – I finally obtained a copy, and have been obsessively watching every chance I can.
- Adventure Time, come on grab your friends, we’ll go to very distant lands. Jake the dog and Finn the human the fun will never end it’s Adventure Time!
- Game nights. We play board games and I make elaborate feasts. It’s good fun and looks to become a monthly tradition.
- Having my girls visit from Adelaide! We haven’t all been together since I left for Brisbane three years ago! Highlights included:
- Enthusiastic singalongs out at the local bar to all of our favourite songs from when we first turned 18
- So much talking over each other
- Heading to GOMA for a day of culture and art
- Bar hopping on a Saturday afternoon.
- Everyone falling in love with our Mr Ichigo
- Wedding dress shopping – so fun, but also so hot!
- Heading to Soundwave last weekend, it was so much fun. Best bits included:
- The Living End drawing a massive crowd. They absolutely killed it. Even my metal head fiance insisted that “Chris Cheney is still a rock god”
- Finally seeing Panic! At the disco. I had such a love affair with their first album when I was 17. I posted the below photo on Facebook with the tag line “Sorry it took so long 17 year old Meghann. Also, you’re welcome. You would have loved it” And it’s true, 17 year old me would have loved it. Remembering that helped me to appreciate it even more.
- Nachos and fresh lemonade for lunch. It was awesome.
- Being genuinely amazed and blown away by Green Day. I was so nervous that they would not live up to my expectations. I am so glad to say that they were…so…freaking…AWESOME. I had such a stupid grin on my face the whole time. And they closed on Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) and I literally go tingles.
- Just the easiest and least complicated festival ever. Getting ready, having breakfast, getting in and out of the festival, organising our day. I’ve never had an easier day.
- My awesome new canvas shoes
- Revelations that “working on your relationship” isn’t about it being in trouble necessarily, but ensuring that we are as happy as we can be together
Looking forward to:
- Starting university this week! I’m so excited to go back, and even gone so far as to start reading the first chapter of my text book!
- Ordering my wedding dress! I have a full post coming up talking about my decision, but it is going to be gorgeous
- Stocking up at the garden centre, so excited for my garden this year.
- The change in the weather as we head into autumn, the last week has been almost cool!
- My winter shopping wish list at Modcloth. I plan on going on a bit of spree when the weather changes.
Awesome things around the web:
- A beautiful series of photos entitled “All Love is Equal” So beautiful and also heart warming
- This post from Emma of A Beautiful Mess. It has exploded on the internet, and is a great discussion of changing dreams, and how to come back when you feel like you failed.
- I am obsessed right now with the podcast Welcome to Nightvale.
- This great new venture from Elise of Enjoy It.
- I need to buy a donut pan so I can shove these in my face